Windows Live Messenger is an instant messaging client developed and marketed by Microsoft. One could say that it is one of the most used instant messaging clients by people all over the world. One of the main advantages of using the Windows Live messenger program is that it allows the users to chat with their contacts in other mailing services also. Below we discuss how one could easily chat with their contact in the Gmail service using the Windows Live messenger.
- Launch your online web browser by double clicking on its desktop shortcut icon and then browse to the Windows Live home page. Now click on the option named Create Credentials found in the online Sign-up form.
- Now in the textbox found beside the label E-mail Address, enter your Gmail address.
- Type in the desired password in the textbox found beside the field Password and then re-enter the password in the field Re-type Password.
- Now choose a secret question and answer from the option Microsoft provides you in the sign-up form so that you will be able to retrieve the account and create a new password if you forget the old password. After entering the secret question and answer, click on the Continue button.
- Now type the email address in the field provided for entering it in the bottom of the page and click on the I Accept button found at the bottom of the page after reading the license agreement for creating your account with the help of Windows Live help.
- Now open a new tab and visit the Gmail sign-in page and login using your login credentials.
- In your Inbox, you will be able to view a new message for the Windows Live website. Open the email and then click on the confirmation link sent by Windows Live help for confirming your account.
- You will be now redirected to the Windows Live page, click on the Continue button found in the page.
- Launch the Windows Live messenger and then login to the client using the Gmail account. Now you can see all your Gmail contacts in the chat client. Select any of the contacts by clicking on them and then chat with them as you may please.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to chat with your friends in the Gmail chat list by using the Windows Live messenger chat client. If you are not able to chat with your Gmail contacts, feel free to contact the Windows Live help team.Google+