Outlook Express is one of the most advanced email applications developed by Microsoft, which works in association with Internet Explorer. This email service is compatible with Windows operating system as well as with the Mac OS. Users can seek assistance from the technicians at Outlook Express help anytime.
One of the best aspects of using Outlook Express is that here you can check your messages even from your personal email accounts such as Yahoo Mail and Gmail. Although you need to configure your email accounts for Outlook Express first, by connecting to the mail server.
You can try the following instructions to check your Yahoo mail with Outlook Express:
- In the first step, you need to open Outlook Express application and click on the Tools menu. Then hit Accounts.
- Now, you need to click on the Mail tab and then on Internet Connection Wizard. Now, select Add and then click on Mail.
- In the first step, you need to enter your name in the Display name field, and click on Next.
- Now, enter your complete Yahoo email address in the E-mail address field, and then click on Next.
- According to Outlook Express help, you now need to enter POP3 for your incoming mail server, and then plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com in the Incoming mail field. Now, enter the plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com option in the Outgoing mail field, and click Next.
- Now, in the field Account name enter your Yahoo user name, and your Yahoo email account password in the Password field.
- In the next step, you need to check the box next to the Remember password option and click on the Next option, followed by Finished. Now, you would get back the Internet Accounts dialog box.
- Now, click on the plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com option and then Properties; then go to the Servers tab. Now, you need to check the box next to the My server requires authentication option.
- Next, you need to click on the Advanced tab, and enter 465 in the Outgoing mail field. Then you need to check the box next to the This server requires a secure connection (SSL) option.
- Enter 995 in the Incoming mail (POP3) field. Check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL). Now, click OK.
- Once the procedure is over, you can close the Internet Account dialog box.
By following these steps, you would be able to check your Yahoo Mail in Outlook Express. To get more information, please contact our technical support team.Google+