Even if you use Outlook Express as your primary email application, you would also be having other personal email accounts. Although Outlook Express comprises of many advanced features that enable you to send/receive emails conveniently, many of us do use other services such as Gmail for this purpose. But sometimes, Outlook Express problems arise due to juggling between multiple programs.
For example, each time you try to send an email using Outlook Express, another email program launches. This problem may arise when sending an email from Microsoft Office, or if you click the Mailto link on the website. The best option to fix such Outlook Express problems is to have this application as your default email client.
You can follow these instructions provided by Outlook tech support to make Outlook Express your default email application.
In Internet Explorer
- In the first step, you need to check for the toolbar menu at the top of Internet Explorer. Here, you need to click the toolbar menu, followed by Tools option, and then check the bottom of the drop down box. Now, you need to click Internet Options and you would see seven labeled tabs.
- Now, you need to click the Programs tab and then check for the E-mail Label on the left of the Internet Options screen.
- Next, you need to click on the Outlook Express option, Apply, followed by OK.
- In this case, first you need to open the Outlook Express application in your system.
- Once you have opened it, check for the toolbar menu. Here, you need to click on the Tools, option at the bottom of the drop-down box and then Options. Here, you would see 10 labeled tabs.
- Out of these, you need to click the tab labeled as General. Now, search for the label at the down of the screen that reads Default Messaging Programs. At the right of that label, there would be an option, available that reads Make Default. Click on this option. At any point of time, you can also contact the Microsoft tech support to seek assistance on fixing the Outlook Express problems.
- Now, you need to click on the Apply option, followed by OK.
These instructions would thus help you to make Outlook Express as your default email application. To get more information, feel free to contact our 24/7 technical support team.Google+