Outlook Express is an email application developed by Microsoft, integrated with Internet Explorer. Sometimes, the folders in Outlook Express become corrupted and you would then need to repair the files. In such cases, you would need to repair the sent folders in Outlook Express.
You can try the following instructions to repair the sent folders in Outlook Express, before seeking assistance from the Outlook Express help team.
- In the first step, open the Outlook Express application and click the File menu. Now, click the Folder menu followed by Compact All Folders. Now, select the File menu, and then Exit, to close Outlook Express.
- Now, you need to open the Sent Items folder and click the Folder menu, followed by the Compact option to compact only the Sent Items folder. Now, click the File menu. Once it is completed, click the File menu, and then Exit to close Outlook Express application.
- In the next step, click the Edit menu in the Outlook Express main window, and then Empty Deleted Items Folder. You can even hold down the CTRL key and click each message in the Sent Items folder that you wish to discard.
- Now, select the File menu, Folder menu and then the Compact All Folders. Click the File menu, then click Exit to close Outlook Express once the process is completed. Now, open Outlook Express and check by sending an email to your email address.
- Go to the Tools menu in Outlook Express, and then click Accounts. Now, you need to select the Mail tab, and the email account that has the Sent Items folder issues. Click the Export button and choose a folder in which to back up the account settings while the email account is highlighted. Now, click the Save button.
- Now, select the File menu, Identities and then the Add New Identity option. Type a name in the Type your name box in the New Identity box and click the OK button followed by the Yes button. You can also contact the Outlook Express help to seek assistance.
- Once you see a new account wizard appearing, click the Cancel button then the Tools menu, followed by the Accounts option. Click Import, select the account back-up file created, and press the Enter key.
- In the final step, select the File menu, Import and then click Messages. Open Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and then the Next button. You need to choose the name of the old Identity, and press OK to import the email messages.
Follow these steps to repair the Outlook Express folders. For more information, feel free to contact our technical support team.Google+