Outlook email setup plays a major role in today’s world by helping millions of people send, receive as well as organize emails from all across the globe. So, to set up your Comcast email on Outlook, follow the instructions given below.
Configuring Comcast with MS Outlook
- On your computer, open the Outlook program by either clicking the icon on your desktop or from the start menu. If you are using a Mac, then you can open it from the applications in Finder.
- Click Tools from the top of the window to obtain the tools menu.
- Select Email Accounts to open your email account options.
- Select Add a new email account option to start the process to set up a new account and either click the Next option or hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the type of email that Comcast uses (POP3) and then select Next.
- In the field asking for your name, enter the necessary information. Your name will be presented to everyone in the way in which you enter your name here.
- In the field next to email address, enter your email address in the format email@example.com. Here, in place of ‘yourname’, enter the user name that you wish to use.
- Provide your Server Information so that the email program can locate your account. From the drop down menu next to the Incoming mail server, select POP3 and enter mail.comcast.net in the box. Choose SMTP for the Outgoing mail server and in the corresponding box, type smtp.comcast.net.
- So that the user knows whose email has to be found, specify your account information. In the box beside User Name, enter your user name and enter your password in the box beside Password.
- Check the box next to Remember password to make your email checking simpler. To make your email more secure, leave the box beside Remember passwordblank. In this case, every time you check your mail, you will have to enter your password.
- Click Test Account Settings to ensure that your account is working properly. To ensure proper communication takes place with your email account, Outlook will contact your account by using the settings that you had provided.
- Click More Settings button to name your email account in Outlook. Choose General tab and enter the name of your account.
- Click OK to end the Outlook email setup process. Select Next option and then click Finish.
I hope you found this article helpful.Google+