We know that pictures speak a thousand words but sometimes you may need to add something extra like a caption to express ideas. When users add a picture in a message in the Outlook Express program, the picture can be placed in its own line or it can be added beside it. Adding text to your messages can help to explain the image in a better way. The users can use as many words as they like and these words can be formatted like any text in the message composition window. To add pictures and rich text to the messages, you will need to enable HTML.
The Outlook Express help tips that are shared below will help you to know more on the steps to add text on the side of a picture in the Outlook Express program.
- In the Outlook Express program, click on the File menu, point to New and then select Mail Message. This will open a new message composition window in the Outlook Express program. In the message menu, you will need to click on the Format Now you can check if Rich Text (HTML) is enabled. If it is not, you can click on it to enable it; else, you will not be able to add picture or format text.
- Now you can type a message in the body and stop typing when you reach the place where you need the text to appear in its own lime. If you wish to start a new paragraph, you will need to press the Enter
- In the message menu, click on the Insert button, select Picture, click on Browse in the dialog box and then choose a picture file that is stored in your PC. Into the Alternate Text field, you can add a text incase the email program or the server of the recipient is not displaying the picture that you added to the message.
- Click on the OK button and the picture will be inserted to the message and the cursor will appear on the right side of the picture. You can continue with your typing and the text will be displayed on the right side of the image after the cursor.
- After making the message, type in the recipient’s name to the To field, title in Subject field and then send the message.
These are the steps to include a picture in an email message in Outlook Express program. To know more, contact the Outlook Express help and support team.